Tuesday, February 23, 2016

How do you stick to your plans?... you have to practice, practice, practice.

Day Two

You have the impulse; you feel the energy rush, you have your resolutions simple and clear... what do you do the next day? You sit down and expect everything will be done by itself. Let me tell you this one tip: It doesn't work. You, my friend, have to work it on.
This is  day TWO, let's see how it goes.

There are a few things to do around Montreal today, but it is so cold that you will need to be really persistent to go out on a day like this. Let's look for indoor options, like start planning for possible activities for this summer, just the thought of it will make you feel warmer in a minute. 


I'm looking for options for fitness and stress release to start later this spring. I am looking specially for activities that do not involve marathons, tennis or badminton, I'm not the most sportive person around.  If you share the same type of fitness activities and you are looking for some zumba, pilates, hot yoga, latin dances, etc let me tell you this, those classes can be a little expensive in Montreal, around 15-20 dollars per session. If you are planning for instance on taking 2 classes per week you will be paying around 120-160 per month. One good idea is to look for Gyms that include classes as part of their memberships. a Gym membership is around 40 to 60 dollars per month, which is not too bad. 

Another plan for the summer is to do some voluntary work to be done at least once per week. In my particular case, I would like to do some activities to improve my french which is moving from bad to worse. So I would like to be involved in an activity I master but that requires French conversation. If you are interested in voluntary works a well, there are a couple of websites that are fantastic for this job. you can browse the type of activities, institutions, frequency, and so on. You can try some of these organizations below:
I'll let you with these couple of ideas for the day and we'll see what tomorrow brings to the blog. It's freezing cold today in Montreal, a hot chocolate with cinnamon and a nice blanket will do the trick. 

Stay warm, see you tomorrow,


Teresa Flores,
 direct from Montreal

No comments:

Post a Comment